PhD Candidate, Computational Biology.
One important idea is that science is a means whereby learning is achieved, not by mere theoretical speculation on the one hand, nor by the undirected accumulation of practical facts on the other, but rather by a motivated iteration between theory and practice.
Top network posts
- 21 Completing a 3x3 correlation matrix: two coefficients of the three given
- 18 Uniform random variable as sum of two random variables
- 18 Uppercase vs lowercase letters in reference genome
- 17 Advisor moving to Industry for a year, How should I reapply for PhD elsewhere?
- 14 How can I downsample a BAM file while keeping both reads in pairs?
- 13 Proving that the second derivative of a convex function is nonnegative
- View more network posts →