Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I'm a computational biologist with a background in biology, not computers. I did my PhD work on gene prediction and comparative evolution, my post-doc on protein-protein interaction networks and I have been working in NGS analysis, specifically human variant calling and annotation, for the past several years. Jack of many trades and master of none.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
99 profile views
Last seen Jul 12 at 8:37
- Unix & Linux♦ 197.9k 197.9k 5353 gold badges377377 silver badges571571 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 87.7k 87.7k 1515 gold badges178178 silver badges272272 bronze badges
- Super User 48.5k 48.5k 1212 gold badges109109 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 20.4k 20.4k 55 gold badges4343 silver badges7474 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.3k 20.3k 1515 gold badges7676 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1189 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 875 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 646 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 484 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 350 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 242 Is there a way to display a countdown or stopwatch timer in a terminal?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- View more network posts →