Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
92 profile views
Last seen Apr 15 at 12:31
- Unix & Linux♦ 191.1k 191.1k 5050 gold badges367367 silver badges554554 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 85.9k 85.9k 1515 gold badges175175 silver badges265265 bronze badges
- Super User 48k 48k 1212 gold badges108108 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.3k 20.3k 1414 gold badges7474 silver badges118118 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 19.4k 19.4k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1165 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 855 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 644 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 468 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 340 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 233 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →