Bioinformatician and data manager at the Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology and Epigenetics in Freiburg.
My background is human neurogenetics and ion channel biophysics...with a fair bit of programming as needed.
Top network posts
- 23 Convert a BAM file from one reference to another?
- 17 What is the fastest way to calculate the number of unknown nucleotides in FASTA / FASTQ files?
- 16 What is the fastest way to get the reverse complement of a DNA sequence in python?
- 16 Why would someone use a CRAM instead of a BAM?
- 13 How exactly is "effective length" used in FPKM calculated?
- 13 Merge hundreds of small BAM files into a single BAM file
- 13 Understanding DESeq2 design, contrast and results
- View more network posts →
Top tags (10)
21 What to do with answers inspired by BioStars? May 17 '17
10 Should pure statistics questions be on topic? Jul 26 '17
10 Serving as a “support forum” for specific tools Jun 5 '17
8 Should the first go an answer or comments? May 19 '17
6 Make tags [sam] and [bam] synonyms Jun 6 '17